Z GRILLS Portable Party Wood Pellet BBQ Grill & Smoker
Are you searching for a capable pellet grill which won’t only look good but will also provide you with a great outdoor kitchen experience? If you are, the newest model from Z GRILLS just might be the thing you were looking for.
The Portable Party BBQ Grill & Smoker is among the company's boldest departures from the regular charcoal and gas grills, as it is a very capable appliance that offers more ways to prepare food than most other devices of this type on the market. Moreover, it has a unique look that makes it a perfect addition to one's outdoor entertainment area.
Is this the right choice for your home? Find the answer in the following paragraphs - we'll be closely analyzing the model's features with the goal of finding its value for the money. Read on!
The Portable Party BBQ Grill & Smoker (700D) is among the most unique appliances of this type on the market, as it uses wood pellets instead of the widely used charcoal and gas fuel systems. This, in turn, provides the user with a completely different cooking experience, which some enthusiasts see as superior. Here are a couple of key features:
We can safely say that the design is one of this smoker's main selling points - it's a well-built and aesthetically pleasing model whose looks make a lasting impression. Finished in brown and black copper, the model stands out wherever you decide to put it - on the patio, on the decking area, next to the pool, or anywhere else.
However, one important thing to mention here is that the model doesn't feature a stainless steel construction - the manufacturer was more concerned with the aesthetics than with the overall build quality. Still, the Portable Party BBQ Grill & Smoker looks and feels quite sturdy, so there's no place to worry about its durability and reliability.
Clear Setup Instructions
Besides the excellent design and solid construction quality, the Z GRILLS Smoker comes with clear instructions that make assembling it a piece of cake.
If you take things slowly and carefully, you will be able to put it together in less than an hour, with most parts being relatively lightweight and easy to figure out where their place is. In case you get stuck, just consult the manual - it is very well-written and contains all the necessary information and pictures you might need for a successful assembly.
We should also mention that the model comes with a three-year manufacturer warranty, which inspires confidence in the durability of the smoker.
Complete Kitchen Replacement
Saying that this grill can become your complete kitchen replacement is no exaggeration. Those who decide to invest in it will see it become a centerpiece of their summers, as it can do much more than your average BBQ grill. The primary difference here is that Z GRILLS 700D can also be used as a smoker - most appliances of this type would require an extra smoker box for the wood chips, while this model uses them as its main fuel source.
Besides smoking, the model can do almost everything that large grills can - grilling, baking, searing, chargrill cooking, roasting, and many other things. The cooking options are very versatile, which deserves special praise and puts this device above the competition.
Amazing Smoked Flavor
The fact that this grill uses wood pellets brings a significant advantage - the flavor that it can give to your food is simply astounding. Wood smoke is well-known for its unique savory flavor that depends on the type of wood chips you decide to use. For example, hickory pellets can add a vibrant smoke flavor, while the apple and maple ones add a sweeter taste.
The only disadvantage here is the fact that the user cannot achieve neutral flavors like he would with a regular gas grill. The flavors added by using Z GRILLS 700D are quite overpowering, which is great if you like really aromatic food.
Another great feature of the Portable Party BBQ Grill & Smoker is that it is electrically operated. Even though it uses wood pellets, the model requires an electrical connection so that it can maintain the temperature and run the hopper.
Why is this good? Well, with the regular charcoal and gas grills, one has to closely monitor and control the coals and the flame in order to achieve the desired temperature. As you can already guess, this can be exceptionally time-consuming - those who are entertaining their guests will want to be able to converse and socialize with them. And that's totally possible with this grill - you just have to set the electronic temperature and the heat will stay stable and accurate. Pretty neat, wouldn't you say?
Automated Pellet System
The completely automated pellet system of this smoker effortlessly prevents the mess that appears with some other pellet grill systems. The unit's electronics replace the chips as they're burning, and in that way maintain a constant temperature that results in better cooking. Consistency is not something you need to worry about here - the controlled nature of cooking that comes with Z GRILLS 700D eliminates the problem.
The hopper, which is located on the left side of the appliance, is capable of holding 20 pounds of wood pellets. In our opinion, this should be more than enough for the long grilling sessions, so there's no need for constant refilling. All that you have to do is to fill the hopper up before the cooking and you'll be good to go.
Huge Grilling Area & Storage Cabinet
The hooded cooking area of this smoker provides the user with 513 square inches of cooking surface (187 square inches in the warm rack), which is quite impressive. With this unit, you will be able to grill many pieces of meat at once, and there's enough space to prepare food for a large family gathering.
Beneath the cooking chamber is the enclosed storage cabinet with dual doors. Not only does it allow the user to keep his grilling equipment close, but it also adds some extra stability. The model also has four caster wheels - moving it from one place to another is as easy as it gets.
The Benefits and Tips
- The overall design of this unit definitely deserves words of praise - it's one of the best-looking appliances of this type on the market. The construction quality, on the other hand, is a solid one, but those looking for sturdiness and durability should probably look elsewhere.
- Putting this model together is exceptionally easy due to a well-written and informative user manual. The assembly takes some time, though, but we don't think that anybody will have issues with figuring out each part’s place.
- The fact that Z GRILLS 700D can be used for grilling, smoking, roasting, searing, and many other cooking operations is probably its most significant benefit. It's a complete kitchen replacement and one that you'll be glad to have when it comes to outdoor cooking in the summer. Furthermore, performing each of these operations is exceptionally easy due to well-implemented electronic controls - it's a solid choice for the beginners.
- The automated pellet system featured on this unit is yet another thing that makes life easier. The grill's automatic auger provides greater efficiency by dispensing the chips as needed, which means that one doesn't have to worry about the mess that usually comes with the regular grills and smokers. Moreover, the unit's 20lb hopper can hold a sizeable amount of wood pellets and prevents the need for constant refilling.
- Z GRILLS 700D also has a large grilling area that allows one to prepare a lot of food at once. It also has a convenient storage cabinet for the plates and the grilling equipment, as well as the set of caster wheels for quick and easy mobility.
- To clean off the charred debris from your previous meals, preheat the grill and use a wire grill brush. Removing the debris is much easier while the grill is hot.
- If you decide to apply any seasonings to your meat, do it gently. Hard rubbing is guaranteed to damage the texture and the fibers, and there's also the risk of over-seasoning.
- When it comes to saucing the racks of ribs, correct timing is of crucial importance. This is especially important if you're using a sweet sauce - sugars can burn and damage the taste. For that matter, make sure to sauce the ribs only during the final 30 minutes of grilling.
As far as we're concerned, the Z GRILLS Portable Party Wood Pellet BBQ Grill & Smoker is absolutely worth the money. Not only is this unit well-built and easy to operate with, but is also one of the most versatile appliances of this type out there. With it, one is able to perform a myriad of cooking operations, with its large capacity hopper and the huge cooking surface allowing long and productive grilling sessions. We recommend it!