Southern Country Smokers 2 in 1 Electric Water Smoker Review
This is one of the most efficient smokers on the market. It works great and it offers deliciousness to any meat you decide to smoke or cook. If you’re a meat smoking enthusiast or you just want to add a well-made smoker to your porch, this is the perfect thing for you. Its chimney-like design allows the smoke to flow within the unit in an even matter. In simpler words, your meat will be perfectly smoked and cooked due to the innovative design of this unit.
However, before buying this product make sure you read this Southern Country Smokers 2 in 1 Electric Water Smoker’s review we’ve prepared to get a complete insight into all of the features, benefits, and even downsides of this electric smoker. This way you’ll avoid overpaying something or buying something you might not even need.
To prevent damaging your budget and overpaying a product, read this electric smoker review and fine-tune your desires and your needs. Once you manage to decide which smoker to buy, everything else is a piece of cake. So, without further ado, let’s see what this electric smoker has to offer.
Interlocking Base and Body
This electric smoker has interlocking base and body. This means the racks can be fixed within the unit, which allows you to cook and smoke different types of meat at the same time. The chimney-like design allows a constant flow of smoke and consistent temperature. Smoke flow can be reduced without extinguishing the smoking source. This is done by shutting the vents and only allowing smoke to vent around the hood perimeter.
Large Cooking Space
This unit features 351 square inches of cooking space which is more than enough space for plenty of meat. You can easily prepare enough meat for five to ten people with one cooking cycle. It also has a slow cooking feature which offers maximum flavor and moisture. Your meat will come out tender and delicious with little to no effort invested.
No Supervision Needed
Speaking of effort, the best thing about this smoker is that you can leave it once you set up the temperatures and go on with your day. There’s no need for constant supervision although it’s advised that you occasionally check the unit, just in case.
Two Cooking Racks
It also has two cooking racks to allow multilevel cooking and smoking. Furthermore, you can remove a section of the smoker due to the interlock system and make a grilling unit out of your smoker.
It also has a water pan to ensure optimal humidity within the smoker. You can add various spice and herbs in the pan and improve the overall taste of the meat.
The heat resistant side and hood handles make checking and adding water, charcoal, and wood chips while cooking hassle free.
One of the features worth mentioning is the portability of this smoker. It weighs only 23 pounds, and it has two handles on the sides to allow easy transportation. You don’t have to ask for help or invite your friends over to help you move this thing; you can do it by yourself with almost no effort.
It has a powerful 1500W heating unit built in, so reaching desired temperatures won’t be an issue. Due to its medium size, it heats up pretty quick.
The best feature of this product is the ability to turn it into a grilling unit. You can remove certain parts of this smoker with ease and turn it into a grill. So, not only does it smoke and cook meat but it also offers an alternative.
The Benefits and Tips
- The first benefit is the affordability. This is an exceptional smoker within its price range. For around hundred dollars you’ll get a great asset to put on your front porch and host unforgettable barbecue parties or yard picnics. Many other electric smokers with similar features reach up to three hundred dollars. For three times less money you’ll get a unit which offers more than enough features for home use.
- Also, it’s quite durable. The housing is made of solid iron and it can withstand somewhat rough conditions. It has heavy-duty reinforced steel legs for extra strength and durability as well. In simpler words, it should last for years with proper maintenance.
- Remember, consistency is the key when it comes to maintenance and cleaning. This unit is not hard to clean, but you need to do it on a regular basis to avoid accumulation of grease and fat. However, if you, for whatever reason, end up with a greasy rack, put it in the kitchen oven and set the temperature on maximum. Conventional kitchen ovens can reach the temperatures up to 900 degrees. Grease and fat melt easily at these high temperatures. After you take the rack out of the oven, wash it down with water, and you’re ready to cook again with a fresh and clean rack.
- This said, the unit also has some downsides. First of all, the sliding front door is held in place by loose rivets. This means it’s not closed tightly and you might experience heat loss.
- Furthermore, it pulls some serious electricity with the 1500W heat unit. Although it’s not a major downside, some people might argue it’s too much.
- Although there aren’t many hot spots on this unit, it’s advised you use kitchen gloves, or any heat protection while operating this unit to prevent possible injuries.
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, this unit will help you cook some delicious meals. In fact, if you never had contact with electric smokers and cookers, this is the thing you should buy and start with. It’s quite simple to use, and it can turn into a portable grill in a matter of seconds. The price is quite affordable considering its quality and amazing practical capabilities.
It’s portable, light, and durable electric smoker. If you take good care of it, you won’t have to think about buying another one for years. All in all, if you ever decide to buy this electric smoker, you won’t regret a single thing.