Smoke Hollow 2415PG Pellet Grill
According to experts, the meat grilled with a quality pellet grill is always a healthier choice. In other words, wood pellet burning grills work on a principle of indirect cooking, which is guaranteed to reduce the formation of harmful chemicals during meal preparation. Furthermore, these types of grills combine the benefits of wood grills, gas grills, and smokers all in one, which makes them very convenient and flexible. Grilling is not the only thing you can do with them - there's also slow cooking, frying, braising, smoking, roasting, and baking. Pretty impressive, wouldn't you say?
If you're interested in getting one of these useful appliances for yourself, the Smoke Hollow 2415PG Pellet Grill just might be the thing you were looking for. This heavy-duty and high-tech model is one of the company's bestsellers and for a couple of good reasons. If you'd like to know more about it, keep reading!
In this part of the review, we're going to take a closer look at each feature of this popular pellet grill. We can already say that Smoke Hollow 2415PG packs quite a punch when it comes to functions, but take a look at them yourself:
First of all, one of the most significant benefits of using this grill is something we've already mentioned in the intro - it works on the principle of indirect cooking. In this way, the meat you put inside 2415PG will be cooked slowly and evenly - the air flow circulates and infuses your racks of ribs with an excellent smoke flavor. This is called "true convection heat", and is the only thing you'll ever want to use once you try the dishes prepared in Smoke Hollow 2415PG.
One of the first things to notice about 2415PG is definitely its overall robustness and sturdiness. The fact that this pellet grill was built to last is evident right from the start, with its sturdy square frame and a steel barrel construction. This means that the model can withstand a lot of damage, so you won't have to worry about dents and cracks during transportation.
Another impressive thing about this grill's build quality is that each of its metal parts was covered with durable powder coat finish. As you can already guess, this means that leaving the grill out in the rain won't take a huge toll on its looks - corrosion is not something to worry about here.
Digital LED Thermostat
One of the main selling points of Smoke Hollow 2415PG is that it comes with a digital LED thermostat. When combined with the built-in temperature gauge, this feature allows the user to monitor and manage the whole grilling process, as well as the temperature. The controls are very easy to understand and use, so it's quite easy to keep yourself updated on how the grilling/cooking/smoking is going.
The inclusion of a digital LED screen undoubtedly raises the value of this pellet grill, as it makes the whole affair of preparing meat a lot easier. We hope to see this feature integrated on all future appliances of this type made by Smoke Hollow.
Auger-Fed Pellet Delivery System
Another great thing about 2415PG is its pellet delivery system. On the right side of the grill, there is a box-like compartment in which you put the hardwood pellets, which will then be transported to the firebox area below the meat via the auger-powered delivery system. And the best thing about this system is that it automatically adjusts the rate in which the pellets are fed, with the purpose of providing a stable temperature for the whole duration of grilling.
Just like the internal temperature gauge, the pellet delivery system is also operated via the controls located under the grill's LED screen.
Ample Cooking Space
The wire grid (coated with porcelain) of this pellet grill provides the user with 480 square inches of cooking area. This is more than enough space for preparing tasty dishes such as briskets, fish, seafood, roasts, as well as full-size turkeys, chickens, and racks of ribs. During our testing period, we found that it's quite easy to grill large amounts of meat with 2415PG and that it doesn't take a lot of time to prepare enough food for a large family gathering. The BBQ smoked flavor is authentic - no complaints about that.
Just like many other pellet grills on the market, the 2415PG is also easy to move around thanks to its casters and wheels. There are two fixed wheels and two rotatable caster wheels, so it's quite easy to move this thing from one place to another. As you can already guess, this can come in quite handy in cases of sudden rain or when you want to have a picnic in nature.
With the overall weight of just 120lbs and the inclusion of wheels and casters, you won't have any problems with relocating Smoke Hollow 2415PG from one place to another.
Bottom and Side Shelves
When preparing food with this type of a grill, one always needs some extra space for the tools and finished meals. The designers working at Smoke Hollow made an effort to take care of this by adding a couple of convenient shelves to 2415PG. The model has a solid bottom shelf, a condiment shelf, as well as the side shelf with a couple of tool hooks.
For a pellet grill of this size, this should be more than enough - you'll have enough space for all of your plates, skewers, spatulas, tongs, and seasonings. Moreover, the top part of the grill's hopper can also be used as a shelf.
Easy-Drain Grease System
Unfortunately, each BBQ session also includes the part where you have to clean everything up. To make things easier, Smoke Hollow has equipped this model with a convenient easy-drain grease system which provides the user with a fast and easy clean-up.
The Benefits and Tips
- As we said, the most significant benefit that comes with purchasing Smoke Hollow 2415PG Pellet Grill is the ability to perform indirect cooking. Most of the culinary experts agree that this is the best way to prepare meats, and this model is undoubtedly an excellent choice. It can infuse your favorite kind of meat with a fantastic smoke flavor, and could easily become your go-to grilling equipment for the family gatherings during summer.
- Another advantage of 2415PG is its robust construction. The sturdy build of this model guarantees years of use without any serious issues, while the powder coat finish removes the need to worry about corrosion or visible dents and cracks. It's a well-built grill, featuring a quality construction that we expected to see on a model manufactured by Smoke Hollow.
- The fact that 2415PG comes with a digital LED thermostat and controls makes cooking, baking, and smoking much easier, and turns this model into a perfect choice for the beginners. It allows easy monitoring and control of the temperature and the pellet delivery system - there's no need to "tend the fire."
- The spaciousness of the grill's cooking surface allows one to grill or smoke sizeable amounts of meat. With 480 square inches of cooking space, you will be able to smoke all of your ribs, briskets, turkey, chicken, and fish without any problems. Ideal for large families!
- One thing that deserves special praise is the model's auger-fed pellet delivery system. It automatically adjusts the pellet feeding rate and provides the whole operation of grilling with a stable temperature, which is of crucial importance if you want your meat to turn out delicious.
- An abundance of convenient shelves featured on 2415PG is yet another benefit, as they provide the user with the much-needed space for his plates, seasonings, and the grilling equipment. The easy-drain cleaning system, on the other hand, makes cleaning this grill exceptionally easy, while the included set of casters and wheels provides easy mobility.
The main problem of the traditional grills is that the user has to feed them with the wood pellets manually - he needs to stay near the appliance for as long as the meat is getting grilled. They require much attention and are real time-consumers.
In case you're sick and tired of all this, the Smoke Hollow 2415PG Pellet Grill just might be the thing you were looking for. This model takes a few steps forward and introduces innovations such as the LED screen with easy-to-operate controls and the auger-fed pellet delivery systems, and both of these features easily turn the grilling, cooking, and baking into a hassle-free process.
Besides that, Smoke Hollow 2415PG is exceptionally easy to move around and keep clean, and it also features a couple of shelves and tool hooks for the user's convenience. It's one of the best appliances of this type out there, and undoubtedly deserves our sincere recommendation.