Old Smokey Electric Smoker Review
This is one of the simplest electric smokers available on the market at the moment. If you’re a beginner when it comes to smoking meat, this is the perfect unit for you. It’s quite simple to operate this thing; there’s no way you won’t be able to get a hold of it in a matter of minutes.
However, before purchasing anything, conduct a thorough research about the features and capabilities of a particular smoker. This way you’ll avoid unnecessary money loss and unpleasant surprises. Many times people make a common mistake of rushing a purchase and ending up with an overpaid unit. Even if you have a lot of money and a big budget, that doesn’t mean you should buy the most expensive electric smoker you can find.
Instead, buy something you need and don’t buy something you don’t need, simple as that. That’s why we’re here; we want to give you an insight into the features and some practical benefits of particular electric smokers through these reviews. This way you can choose exactly what you need and want without overpaying it or buying something that’s not worth.
So, before you decide to make a purchase, read this and see what’s waiting for you if you decide to buy the Old Smokey Electric Smoker.
Simple to Use
As we said, Old Smokey Electric Smoker is extremely simple. There aren’t many fancy features except the most basic ones. The simplicity is what makes this product so great. You don’t have to worry about display malfunctions, sudden electronic fails, and so on. Although it’s simple, that doesn’t mean it cooks meat badly. In fact, this is an exceptional smoker for beginners as well as experienced meat smokers.
The crucial thing this smoker features is the closed lid. Tightly sealed, it doesn’t allow any steam and heat to get out. Also, it collects the juicy drops via condensation and allows them to fall back on the meat, enhancing the flavor even more.
This is also quite valuable because there are no side leaks thus making the cleaning much easier. In simpler words, you don’t have to hassle with the cleaning of the smoker because its sealed lid prevents anything from leaking.
Good Electric Heating System
The electric heating system is also quite good. You don’t have to worry about maintaining or adjusting the temperature manually. Turn the knob in either way and you’re done. Having an electric heating system also means you can use this unit indoors as well. There’s no residual ash, so the risk of an accidental fire is minimal. Furthermore, because it’s electric there’s no hassle over the fire, just plug it in and voila.
Well-Made Walls and Sealed Lid
This electric smoker ensures your meat stays tender and juicy because of its well-made walls and sealed lid. You don’t have to be a hardcore professional to cook some delicious meat, once your friends taste your meat they will keep coming back for more. Countless barbecue weekends are ahead of you featuring delicious meat and satisfied friends. They won’t stop asking about your secret, but little do they know the secret is in the Old Smokey Electric Smoker.
One thing this electric smoker thrives in is portability. It weighs only around 25 pounds, and it features two side handles. So, you don’t have to call a bunch of friends over to help you move it. You can do it by yourself with almost no effort at all.
The Benefits and Tips
- The first benefit is that you can cook any meat you want. Anything from salmon to chicken won’t be a problem to cook, whatsoever. The diversity of meat you can cook is vast, and that’s what makes this smoker good. Furthermore, it has enough cooking space to cook for at least ten people. So, it’s perfect for family gatherings or yard picnics.
- It requires minimal supervision. You only need to adjust the temperature you want to cook at, and you’re free to join your friends and reminisce about good old days while having a pint of cold beer. You don’t have to check it throughout the whole cooking process, although it’s advised by many to check it out at least once during the cooking cycle.
- The adjustable thermostat is also a neat benefit. It allows you to set the cooking times and temperatures manually thus control the doneness of your meat.
- The design is also well-made to distribute the heat within the unit evenly. That means your meat will be cooked in an even matter instead of being raw on the inside, or on a particular side.
- There are two cooking racks included which offer around 15 pounds of meat capacity, which is more than enough for a medium size group of people, for example, ten people.
- This said, this unit like any other has its downsides as well. First of all, it’s pricey. Even though it’s under two hundred dollars, there are better models available on the market now. You could get a newer model with a more modern design for the same price.
- The second major downside is that it gets hot while in use. To avoid burns always remember to wear kitchen gloves or any heat protection. Furthermore, keep your children away from this unit when it’s in use. We all know kids can get curious and excited, but that can lead to severe consequences.
The Old Smokey Electric Smoker is a durable and a simple unit. You don’t need any training to get a hold of this thing. You’ll become a master of cooking after two or three times of using this smoker. Also, because there’s no need for constant supervision, you can do other things while cooking meat. The adjustable temperature ranges will help you fine-tune the doneness of the meat.
Although some might find this smoker expensive, it’s worth every penny. The simplicity is what makes it so amazing and worth buying. If you’re one of those people who doesn't want fancy LED screens and redundant buttons, this is the perfect smoker for you.