Masterbuilt 40" Electric Smoker with Bluetooth
The ability to smoke foods with modern electric smokers is one of the best things about living in the current age. It allows one to take red meat, pork, poultry, or vegetables and give them a flavor that simply can't be copied by adding "smoke" seasonings.
Whether you're an amateur or experienced when it comes to food smoking, Masterbuilt 40" Electric Smoker with Bluetooth is among the best devices of this type out there. The machine is accompanied by a number of highlights that put it above the competition, so it's no wonder that it's one of the company's bestsellers.
For that matter, we've decided to take a closer look at this electric smoker and help our readers decide whether they should consider it for purchase. The device packs a heap of beneficial and innovative components - let's analyze them together!
At around hundred bucks more expensive than its 20070311 and 20075315 cousins, the Masterbuilt 40" Electric Smoker with Bluetooth (20070215) comes with a bunch of features that turn it into one of the most highly sought devices of this type on the market. Here are the most important ones:
Integrated Bluetooth Technology
As its name suggests, this model comes with integrated Bluetooth technology, which is also one of its main selling points. Moreover, this feature is precisely the one that makes it the most expensive out of Masterbuilt's 40" smokers. Is this feature alone worth the extra money?
The answer depends on how much you want to go super high-tech with your electric smoker. This functionality allows the smoker to integrate with your handheld device, such as the smartphone, letting you use it as a remote control unit. In other words, it enables the user to turn the smoker on and off, regulate the time and temperature levels, and also to easily monitor the meat's internal temperature.
As you can already guess, this feature can come in very handy in certain situations. It is, actually, much more useful than one might think, and is something we hope to see on all future smokers from Masterbuilt.
Ease of Assembly
Essentially, your Masterbuilt electric smoker requires almost no assembly at all. Its primary parts come pre-assembled right out of the box and the user only needs to screw on a couple of handles and wheels, which takes no more than 5 minutes. This can be done by a single person, and there's no need for a partner.
A word of advice, though - make sure to get rid of the packing material that's located inside the device before you use it for the first time.
Whether we like it or not, electric smokers sometimes have to be moved, which seems like a challenging task due to their size and robustness. Moving this model, however, is a piece of cake - thanks to the wheels on its bottom side, relocating Masterbuilt 20070115 is easier than you might think.
Because of this, moving the machine to a sheltered location on a rainy or windy day is exceptionally easy, and it also makes the model ideal for family gatherings. All one has to do is to wheel the smoker to his vehicle and load it in.
Lots of Cooking Space
With this electric smoker, cooking enthusiasts will be able to smoke massive amounts of meat. With the cooking surface of 721 square inches, preparing full racks of ribs, multiple briskets, or a 20-pound turkey is a piece of cake - the spaciousness of this model is undoubtedly one of its most impressive features.
This makes the smoker particularly suitable for those with large families and for those who often cook for large parties. There's a high chance that there will even be some spare room left, no matter the number of pork butts or racks of ribs you intend to smoke. However, if your family is small and you never cook for more than three persons, this model might be overkill.
The Masterbuilt 20070115 is more than capable of holding the meat at a constant temperature - you won't have to worry about fluctuations destroying your dinner plans. With this smoker, one can prepare a sizeable pork butt at 225°F for 11 hours, and the machine will hold a stable temperature without any issues. The result of this is meat that is tender, moist, and tastier than any other meat you've ever tried before.
Easy & Automated Cooking
All that the user has to do here is to replenish the wood chips; otherwise, the machine takes care of itself. The philosophy behind these kinds of devices is "set it and forget it", as there is no need to "tend the fire". As we already said, checking the internal meat temperature is extremely convenient thanks to the integrated Bluetooth technology.
Sturdy & Well-Insulated Design
This electric smoker has a very sleek look and is probably the best-looking device of this type that the company has manufactured so far. The beauty of its stainless steel design easily makes it a welcome addition to every kitchen.
Looks aside, it is worth mentioning that the machine is well-insulated and successfully keeps the smoke in its insides. The only way in which the smoke can escape is if the users open the front door, which is not advisable during the process of cooking. Looking through the window is the only thing you should do when you want to take a peek at your food.
Side-Mounted Wood Chip Loading System
The fact that you won't have to open the door of this model to replenish the chosen wood chips is an amazing energy and time saver. Masterbuilt 20070115 comes with a side-mounted wood chip tray that makes adding chips quick and easy - all that you have to do is pull out the tray and add the chips.
The Benefits and Tips
- The four smoking racks coated with chrome offer sizeable 721 square inches of smoking space. As we already mentioned, this kind of spaciousness allows one to cook huge amounts of meat, making the device suitable for large families.
- The Bluetooth connectivity that comes with Masterbuilt 20070115 is undoubtedly its most interesting feature. Can you imagine having the electric smoker connected to your smartphone or a tablet? Controlling the smoking time and temperature has never been this easy - one doesn't have to leave the comfort of their sofa to keep an eye on the dishes.
- As we already mentioned, assembling this smoker is exceptionally easy. The guys and girls at Masterbuilt made an effort to have this device shipped mostly preassembled, and it takes just a couple of minutes to screw on a few handles and wheels. The fact that 20070115 can be put together so easily will surely be appreciated by the more impatient cooking enthusiasts.
- While on the subject of wheels, another characteristic of this device that deserves praise is its high portability. Due to the fact that it comes with a set of wheels, Masterbuilt 40" Electric Smoker with Bluetooth can be easily moved around, which will prove to be an invaluable feature if you ever find yourself using the smoker in the backyard and a sudden storm breaks out.
- Another benefit of this model is it's fantastic built quality. Just like all other electric smokers manufactured by Masterbuilt, this one also features a sleek, robust design that produces a long-lasting impression. Moreover, the device is well-insulated and allows one to add chips without having to open the door - there's a dedicated side-access woodchip loading system.
- For the smoking sessions of 4 to 8 hours, make sure to refill this side-access tray at least three times.
- Leaving some empty space between pieces of meat is highly advisable. This will allow the smoke to get into each piece evenly, which results in the meat of better look and taste.
- In order to control the smoker via Bluetooth, you will have to download the appropriate app. It's available for both Android (Google Play) and iOS (Apple Store) operating systems.
All in all, Masterbuilt 40" Electric Smoker with Bluetooth has definitely managed to impress us with its qualities and functions. If you like good food and would like to get acquainted with the amazing flavors of smoked dishes, this device just might be what you were looking for. It's a well-built, easy-to-use, and spacious electric smoker that works just as advertised, and we expected nothing less from Masterbuilt.
Even though its main selling point, the Bluetooth connectivity, comes with a couple of flaws (short range and a poorly-designed app), it is still an extremely innovative feature and one we hope to see on all future smokers manufactured by Masterbuilt. The rest of the features need no improvement - they're as efficient and useful as they should be.