Masterbuilt 30-Inch Electric Analog Smoker Review
If you’re a fan of delicious smoked meat, this might be the product for you. The best thing about this smoker is that you don’t need to be an expert to use it.
Whether you’re an experienced meat smoker or just an amateur, it doesn’t matter; you’ll surely know how to use this unit. Masterbuilt is well-known for their quality of production; they make strong, durable products. So, you don’t have to worry about malfunctions and bad quality; this thing is built to last.
Also, it has a lot of cooking space. You can easily feed a bunch of people with only one cooking cycle. The vast cooking space makes this unit perfect for weekend barbecue parties or any large gatherings.
People often make a common mistake of rushing to purchase something before getting an insight into the features of the product. That’s why we’re here; we’ll review various products and express the virtues and flaws for you so you could get an insight of what’s waiting for you if you decide to buy a particular unit. It doesn’t take long to read a review, and it can help you a lot.
You could save money, time, and find the best-suiting electric smoker for yourself. So, without further ado, let’s review this meat smoker.
Easy to Use
First of all, this unit is pretty straightforward and easy to use. You don’t have to hassle much with learning how to use it. Anyone can learn to use it in a matter of minutes. The quality of production is good, in fact, it’s excellent. This thing is built like a tank.
Also, it’s portable. You can move it wherever you want with ease. It doesn’t take too much space either, so if you’re running low on free space, this unit would be the perfect thing for you.
This smoker is also well-insulated. That’s why smoking meat in the winter is entirely possible with this smoker. The thick walls perform excellently when it comes to the prevention of heat loss. Windy weather won’t ruin your cooking due to this smoker’s thick walls.
This electric smoker is quite affordable. You won’t find a better one for under $150 with the same features and cooking abilities. If you’re on a limited budget, consider buying this smoker, it’s worth every penny, and you won’t regret it.
Smokes All Types of Meat
You can smoke whichever type of meat you want. Anything from salmon to ribs can be smoked without breaking a sweat. For instance, you can fit up to eight racks of ribs into this smoker, although that won’t leave much space for any other meat. You can feed up to ten people on average with one cooking cycle, which is perfect for barbecue parties. Once your friends taste the meat you’ve cooked, they will be coming back for more in no time. Also, you can cook and smoke simpler recipes like burgers, steak, and more. Sometimes, all you want is a burger with a smoky flavor. Well, this electric smoker will get the job done.
The Benefits and Tips
- The first benefit of this electric smoker is the temperature range. It will go from 100 degrees Fahrenheit up to 280 degrees Fahrenheit. This means you can slow cook any meat at lower temperatures.
- Because it doesn’t feature side-loading, you’ll have to open the door to put wood chips in. This could be considered as a downside because you lose a lot of heat and smoke if you open the unit. However, because it’s a small unit, it will heat up pretty quickly.
- One thing this unit thrives in is the durability. As we said, this thing is built like a tank. It will withstand rough weather conditions, and it should last for a long time. Considering it’s cheap, it’s great to know it’s going to last. Usually, cheap things don’t last for a long time, but this unit is an exception. It’s simple, but it does the job, and it does it well. At the end of the day, all you need is perfectly smoked meat, and you’ll get it with this unit.
- Cleaning this product is a piece of cake if you take all the precautionary measures. Putting a piece of aluminum foil on the bottom of the unit will prevent grease and fat from sticking to the surface.
- Also, spray the inside with non-sticking cooking spray to make the cleaning job even easier. After you finish cooking or smoking, wipe the excess grease and fat to prevent it from accumulating. It’s better to prevent this than to hassle with scraping dry fat after a while.
- Also, make sure you empty the wood chip tray after smoking to prevent a potential fire. Note, you have to use wood chips and not wood chunks. Wood chips are quite affordable, and you can buy them almost anywhere.
- One significant downside is the inaccurate temperature gauge. You’ll have to buy a separate thermometer to avoid the frustration with the default temperature gauge. It’s not worth stressing over the default instrument. Don’t despair, though; digital thermometers aren’t expensive nowadays, so it shouldn’t have a significant impact on your budget.
If you’re on a limited budget and you don’t plan to spend a lot of money on a professional smoker, this is the perfect thing for you. It’s very mobile and easy to use. The meat comes out delicious; there’s no doubt about that. If you’re not seeking for fancy functions, LED displays, and modern instruments – this is the thing for you. The durability is great, and the price-to-quality ratio is good. Its dual-wall construction will ensure there’s no heat loss. It’s perfect for family gatherings and barbecue parties, and you’ll earn the respect of your friends for your cooking skills.
You can also use it indoors although it can withstand rough temperatures and bad weather. As we said, windy conditions won’t jeopardize the cooking process.