Masterbuilt 20073716 Portable Electric Smoker
The idea of mobile smoker is appealing to people who enjoy heading off to long road trips or getting out into nature. This Masterbuilt unit is truly unique because it’s very easy to store and transport. Many recreational vehicle owners use this appliance for their trips since it’s one of the smallest units on the market today.
It is perfect for anyone who wants to smoke on the go and it’s also great for using on your own patio or deck. It looks rather simple and easy to use, but still has many benefits and features that users request. The cooking controls and temperature gauge are straightforward and simple to read.
The heating element of 1400 watt produces enough heat to cook and smoke some meals in just a couple of hours and regulates the temperature. Despite its low profile, it can cook many different types of meat such as fish, burgers or chicken; it can fit a rack of ribs and a turkey if it’s no larger than fifteen pounds.
The removable shelves provide a lot of flexibility which means you can place several meals in the appliance at once. Bear in mind that this is a small portable unit, so it’s important to keep filling it with wood chips. Depending on your high, medium, or low heat, you will likely need to refill it four or five times when smoking meats for twelve hours.
Make sure, you have enough wood chips for your backyard dinner or long weekend in nature. The best thing about this smoker is that it’s very easy to use, even when it comes to cleaning it.
The racks and trays can be removed, which will make it easier to clean the cooker’s every piece. Speaking of cleaning, it would be wise to put a small amount of non-sticking spray on the interior and the racks so you can avoid a mess while smoking.
This Masterbuilt smoker will do the job for the users who are searching for this kind of unit. With it, there come many benefits that help give you the best possible meat’s taste. Needless to say, this product is affordable, especially if you have a limited budget.
Despite the fact that it is a bit bulky, the size of this smoker compared to the other units is quite compact. It’s one of the smallest electric smokers that you can find on the market today. This model was made to be used on the road trips, traveling or camping, according to the manufacturers. Because it’s small enough, you can carry it quickly, especially if you buy a travel bag for it.
The heating element of 1400 watt produces enough heat to cook and smoke delicious food in just a couple of hours and regulates the temperature. The critical thing to remember is that you will need to refill it often with the wood chips, because of its size.
This smoker comes with only 3 basic temperature settings: high, medium and low. Thanks to the dial for the heat that is placed on the front door, you can keep an eye on the changes while you make adjustments and view the current temperature.
This unit is fully portable and genuinely compact. The removable chip tray and water pan make it simple to transport and store, including the legs that fold up. It is ideal for road trips, picnics and tailgate parties. When you pull into the sports arena or campgrounds lot, it will take a few minutes to set it up.
The Benefits and Tips
- NOTE: ‘’Although it’s safe to eat smoked fish while pregnant, there are some types of non-smoked fish you should limit, such as tuna and oily fish, and some you should avoid completely, such as shark. Also, don’t eat raw shellfish, as it can cause food poisoning.’’ according to NHS Choicesa.
- The heating element of 1400 watt produces enough heat to cook and smoke delicious food while providing a juicy taste.
- This unit comes with controls that allow three smoking settings. You can switch it from high, medium and low for different smoking tastes and options. Experiment with the different dishes such as poultry, seafood, meats, and vegetables and see on which temperature is best to cook them.
- It includes removable wood and water pan for straightforward access. To refill the pan with wood or water, just remove the pan from the appliance. This can easily be done without interrupting the smoking procedure.
- With its two metal legs that fold up, you will be able to move the unit without getting it stuck in the mud or dirt. You can also fold them flat and under the appliance and store in your garage or car.
- Many people who have bought this smoker reported that it does not stink up the whole place, it is steady, and the smoke is clean. Long story short, it is an unassuming-looking, hardworking and quiet device that can get the job done without requiring much maintenance or attention.
- Some people said that their units are not well insulated, which makes them less effective in windy and cold weather. But, that just means that you will need more time to prepare food.
The Masterbuilt smoker accomplishes its mission although it has a couple of minor flaws. It is ideal to be used on the road trips, traveling or camping. The majority of the reviews from the users who purchased this product are very positive.
The best thing about it is its affordable price, even if you are on the limited budget. If you want portable, solid and little electric smoker, then this is the perfect choice for you.