7 Best Smoked Sausage Recipes
Keeping on hand smoked sausage means that you will always have something delicious to turn into dinner. You can combine it with almost everything such as stew, soup, pasta, rice, beans, and casseroles. And it makes an excellent meal shortcut because it is already prepared.
All you have to do is add whatever’s in your pantry or fridge and your dinner is ready. If you own a quality electric smoker smoked meat will taste fantastic by itself, but it is even better when you pitch in a few more ingredients. These mixed flavors will have you coming back for more.
So, if you want to throw a party in your mouth, read our favorite smoked sausage recipes that add cheese, veggies, spices, and pasta. You will love the results.
Without further ado, let’s dive in!
1. Potatoes and Smoked Sausage
You must agree that nothing goes better with sausage than potatoes. This dish is very easy to prepare, and it doesn’t take much time.
- Sliced smoked sausages, 14 oz.
- Cleaned and sliced russet potatoes, 2 lb.
- ½ sliced or diced a medium onion
- 1 tbsp. bacon fat or olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. sage
- 1 minced clove garlic
- Hot sauce or dash cayenne, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the sliced potatoes in it. If you want them to be crispier, lay the vegetables flat and cook on each side for about ten minutes. If you want, you can also use two skillets for faster results. Or you could just place them in the pan and cook them until they brown. Stir occasionally.
- For the last five minutes of cooking, add hot sauce, sage, garlic, onion, and sausage. After you have done that, reduce heat and cook until the onions are soft and the meat is heated. Make sure that the ratio is 40/60 with sausage and potatoes.
2. Pasta and Cheesy Sausage
It may sound complicated, but it is anything but that. Choose the right sausage, chicken broth, dairy and seasoning to make an amazing family meal. You can also mix it up with some add-ins and spices.
- Sausage, 1 lb.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Diced onion, ½ cup
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Chicken Broth, 2 cups
- Diced tomatoes, 1 can or 14 oz.
- Mils, ½ cup
- Dry pasta, 8 oz.
- ½ tsp. pepper and salt, each
- Shredded Cheddar – Jack cheese, 2 cup
- Red Pepper Flakes, ¼ teaspoon
- Chopped scallions, 1/3 cup for garnish
- In a large pan, place olive oil and heat over medium temp. Add sausage and onion, and cook for five minutes. After that add all seasonings and garlic and continue to cook for another two minutes.
- Add pasta, milk, tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to boil. The next step is to low the heat and cover the mixture for about fifteen minutes. When it is done, still in cheese. The meal is now ready to be served and garnished.
3. Cheesy Rice and Smoked Sausage
If you are one of those busy families, then this recipe is the perfect option for you. It is very easy to prepare and super delicious!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sliced smoked sausage, 1 lb. ¼ inch thick
- 1 chopped small onion
- 1 chopped and seeded small red bell pepper
- Broccoli florets, 2 cups
- Cooked rice, 1 ½ cups
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- Shredded, extra-sharp cheddar cheese, 1 cup
- Take a large skillet and heat it over medium-high temperature. Add olive oil and butter till it combines well and sizzles.
- Place the onion and smoked meat in it. When you have done that, cook this mixture for about five minutes until sausage begins to brown and onion is tender.
- Add broccoli and the red bell pepper. Cover the mixture, low the heat and continue cooking for another five minutes.
- The next step is to add the onion salt, garlic powder and cooked rice. When you combine the mixture well, cover it and leave it to cook until rice is hot enough.
- Before you remove it from the heat, add shredded cheese and stir until it is melted.
4. Veggies and Smoked Sausage
This is an excellent breakfast for you and your family! It is an excellent meal with lots of vegetables and olive oil that your kids will love!
- Sliced smoked sausage, 14 ounces
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- ½ diced orange, red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 diced onion
- 2 large or 3 small peeled and diced potatoes
- Pepper and salt
- Olive oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet, over medium-high heat. Place potatoes into it and season with pepper and salt. Cook well and fry until potatoes brown. That should take about eight to ten minutes. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Use another skillet, where you will place the sausage and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Heat this over medium-high heat for around five minutes. When you have done this step, remove the meat from the pan and set aside. Add onions and peppers into the pan and season with pepper and salt. Cook until softened for about five minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add smoked sausage and cooked potatoes to the skillet with peppers and onions and combine everything. Serve this delicious mixture while it is hot!
5. Cajun Twist and Smoked Sausage
This is one of our favorite recipes. You will not have any difficulties to prepare this meal because it is simple to make it.
- Turkey smoked sausage, 1 package or 14 ounces, cunt into ¼ inch slices
- Pasta, 8 ounces
- Heavy cream, 2 cups
- Cajun seasoning, 1 tablespoon
- Grated Parmesan cheese, ½ cup
- Read directions on the pasta’s package and prepare it according to instructions. After you have drained it, set it aside.
- In a large skillet sauté sausage, over medium-high heat for about five minutes. Turn it few times while cooking.
- Add Cajun seasoning and cream to the skillet and bring to boil. Lower the temperature and continue simmering until mixture starts to thicken or for three to four minutes.
- When it is done, remove it from the heat and place the Parmesan cheese in it. Stir it well. Use the pasta that you set aside and add it to the sauce. Toss and serve while it is hot.
6. Cajun Casserole and Smoked Sausage
This meal is an easy take on a skillet version, and you can add different seasonings each time you want to prepare it. Jamaican Lime, ranchy bacon cheddar or rustic Italian? You can make whatever you want with different seasonings, and you will have a new meal!
- Dry pasta, 16 ounces
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 or 3 minced cloves garlic
- Chicken broth, 1 cup
- 3 tbsp. flour
- Half and half, 2 cups
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated, ½ cup
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Divided mozzarella cheese, 2 cups
- Chopped fresh parsley, 1 or 2 tbsp.
- Smoked sausage, fully cooked, 12 oz.
- Read directions on the pasta’s package and cook it according to instructions until al dente. Drain after you have done the first step.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Place the garlic into it and cook for about one to two minutes or until fragrant. Use the flour to stir the garlic in.
- Mix with chicken broth until you get a smooth mixture, then use half and half and stir it in. Add red pepper flakes, cayenne, pepper, and sal,t and simmer for about five minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Put 1 cup of mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese and mix them well until smooth and melted. Add to the mixture chopped parsley, cooked pasta, and sliced sausage. Season with pepper and salt if needed.
- Pour this mixture into a baking dish that is slightly greased. Use the rest of mozzarella cheese and place over the dish. Broil until cheese is golden and bubbly or for about two to three minutes.
7. Beans and Smoked Sausage
Combining the beans and smoked meat will give you one of the best meals ever. You can top this mixture with crushed crackers, cornbread or cheddar. Whatever you prefer, because this meal goes with almost anything.
- Chopped bacon, 2 slices into ½ inch pieces
- 1 chopped sweet onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- Sliced smoked sausage, ½ pound
- Beans and pork, 3 cans
- Ketchup, ½ cup
- Light brown sugar, 1/3 cup
- Molasses, ¼ cup
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ to ½ tsp. hot sauce
- The first thing you need to do is to turn the oven on and preheat it to 350 degrees F. Cook bacon in an oven until crispy. With a slotted spoon remove the meat and put it on a paper plate. To the bacon drippings, add onions and cook until soft.
- Place the smoked meat and garlic into it and cook until the meat brown. Combine the other ingredients and bring to simmer. In the oven, place the uncovered Dutch oven and bake until thick or for about 50 to 55 minutes.
Choose your favorite recipe and prepare some delicious meals for your family. We picked some of the best dishes that you will surely adore. Don’t wait any longer, use your smoked sausage and make something tasty! Bon appetite!